Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week 71 - March 4, 2014

Querida Familia,

Well this week has been a trying one, but it has also been filled with beautiful miracles.  I am so blessed to be a missionary and every week I am more and more indebted to the Lord for the blessings he has given me.  I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of his children and that he loves us. 

So on Wednesday Crystal cancelled our lesson because she wasn't feeling very well.  About 30 minutes later we got another text from her telling us that we wouldn't believe what had just happened.  We asked what had happened and she said that her stove had caught fire and that the fire department had to come, but that they were all ok and in the process of cleaning.  Well we immediately texted back and asked if we could come and help and she accepted.  We were there in a jiffy and we were helping wipe down and clean up the fire mess.  We had them laughing and we were enjoying being able to help their family.  Crystal at one point told us that if we weren't there that she would probably be crying and wondering why another thing was happening to her.  It warmed our hearts to think that we could not only be giving service, but provide a little comfort and a few good jokes to help keep things in perspective.  Her 12 year old daughter Ivy told us that we are the only ones that ever help them, and I just gave her a squeeze and told her that Heavenly Father and the Savior are always there to help them too.  Sometimes I don't think we realize how much a small act of kindness or service goes a long way.  Not only are our own lives blessed, but we bless the lives of those around us.  Sometimes we become so busy with the stuff "we have to do"  we forget to find to time to do the things that will really bless our lives.  How much more beautiful the world would be if we would all just look outside of our own little worlds and look for ways that we can help those around us.  If we do, I know that greater happiness awaits each of us.


Crystal's iguana.  Poor little baby was inside during the smokey fire, so she needed a little extra love and attention :)

So last p-day we didn't do anything to exciting, but we did go down to zone sports and play some basketball.  It was fun to be with other missionaries, but what made me laugh was walking out of the church we were one of the first ones to leave.  You know that there are missionaries in the church building when all of the cars are parked sideways so know one has to get out and back you up.  Picture included.  I think the title of this photo would be you know your a missionary when... :)


Missionaries parking so they don't have to back up.

We have also seen some funny street names lately.  We have a family that lives on Odin street and we have to enter on Asgard street and it's right next to Thor street.  :)  hehe  We also were trying to find a different street and we ended up talking a wrong turn on Sesame Street.  This week's missionary letter is brought to you by the letter L and the number 4.  (ps which is the number of weeks I have left! Ahhhh that is crazy!)

So I have been pondering on what I would say in my letter this week.  Hermana Budge and I had a hard week this past week because we talked to a troubled young man in the street and then went on to visit others.  When we came back an hour later, he had committed suicide.  We ended up staying with police for about three hours and let me tell you the back of a cop car is not comfortable.  My desire never to be arrested has increased dramatically. Not that I ever wanted to get arrested before.  It was emotionally tolling on both of us, but through blessings, prayers, and words of comfort and counsel we are doing well.  Through this whole experience I have seen Heavenly Father's love for all of his children.  I felt his arms around me.  I have felt his protection.  I felt his love for a young man who he put into our path to let him know that God loves him.  It was in the bowl of cereal that President Miller gave to us at 11:30 at night after out of nowhere asking us if we had eaten dinner.  We actually hadn't eaten since 11am that morning and he gave us the only thing that sounded good at that point and had special meaning to us because it is almost a tradition of Hna Budge and I to eat cereal at night.  I have come away from this even stronger and I have learned lessons that I will never forget.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through his atonement we can find peace and joy.  I know that he understands exactly what each of us feels and is going through because he has been there.  He paid the price for everything - our sicknesses, our sorrows, our trials, our pains, our sins.  He felt it so he knows how to help.  I felt the atonement in a very real way this week and I am so grateful for the loving comfort it has provided.  I know that prayer is the key and when we just can't do it alone that Heavenly Father is always waiting for us to get down on our knees and pour out our hearts unto him.  I know without a doubt that God is listening and he will always answer our prayers.

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment