Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 73 - March 18, 2014

Queria Familia,

So after we emailed last week Hermana Budge and I decided to head to the Zoo for some fun.  It was a pretty decent zoo and they had some of my favorite animals right as you walked through the door.  Pink flamingos! 

Flamingos!
Lots of the animals were pretty active, but the polar bear was the best.  We were up above and we looked down into the pool area and he grabbed a big green bucket and he threw it up at us spraying water all around us.  The stinky little bear was trying to get us wet!  Haven't seen that before and it was funny!  We looked at him like we were telling him don't you know who we are?!  Well he looked at us and then tossed up another box!    "Somos hijas de dios!" Silly bear!  The other exciting thing was that I ate a lunchable at the zoo for the first time since I was in 6th grade.  Yep missionaries eating lunchables at the zoo  - Typical p-day.

This week was good.  We still have a fetish for tumbleweeds.  Sometimes it feels like they are perfectly placed, so that they torment us just as they roll by missing our wheel by inches.  Well we decided to take matters into our own hands.  We were driving through a neighborhood on a windy day and that stinky little tumbleweed rolled right past us.  Well that particular miss was the last straw.  So hermana budge grabbed the tumbleweed and now we have a tumbleweed in the trunk of our car for no apparent reason.  Not sure what we are going to do with the tumbleweed, but we are pleased to be the proud owners of one.  Yep 18 months of nothing but missionary fun does strange things to you :)

We had a zone conference this week.  It was weird sitting there knowing that I was the oldest sister.  All of these young missionaries - where did they come from?!  The hardest part was hearing about all these great things that are going on in the mission or they are going to start doing and knowing that I won't get to be a part of them for very long.  However, I was feeling very content and had warm fuzzies as all the good things that I have done on my mission ran through my head.

The most exciting news for the week is that Crystal and her kids are getting baptized on Saturday. They had their interviews on Sunday and they are all set to go.  It's been amazing to watch them change and progress.  I love them so much and I am so excited for them.  It's also nice to know that I won't have to go through a long period of silence after I leave, but that we can stay in contact and I can hear all about how they are doing.  The Lord has given me so many blessings on my mission and he is still blessing me right up until the end.  I love you!  Have a wonderful week! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus


Sisters from the Albuquerque area

Crazy cat lady starter kit!

Dino at the history museum

Elder Lawrence who entered the MTC with Katie

Fish at the zoo

Kisses for the frog prince

Turtle Tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment