Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 65 - January 21, 2014

Hola!

So how has everybody's week been? Mine has been fantastic once again!  Being a missionary is just so wonderful.  If I could have a little more sleep I would be a missionary forever!  Hehe.  Hna Budge is getting her missionary legs under her and she is entering into the perpetual state of tiredness!  :)  Even if we are tired we still are having lots of success as missionaries.  We've seen lots of little miracles this week and I would like to share one of them with you.

So last week we were in a lesson and it was a little bit of a longer lesson and towards the beginning I realized that I needed to use the restroom, but we were in the middle of teaching and it just wasn't one of those times where you could stop the lesson and go.  So I said a little prayer that I would forget the need and be able to concentrate on the lesson.  That little prayer was answered and we finished the lesson and as we walked out of the door I remembered my need (which increased dramatically) and so I said another little prayer that the Lord will help me find a potty soon.  Well I have no doubt in my mind that the Lord has a sense of humor because he answered my prayer just not in the way I expected.  He sent me an entire truck full of toilets (see picture) and I was laughing so hard it was a miracle I didn't wet my tights!



Miracle of the toilets
Dad you would be proud of me.  I put my non engineering brain to work the other day and I hooked up a DVD player at these investigators house so we could watch the restoration video.  Well after I had finally hooked up the first one we realized there was no remote so no way to play it in spanish...grrr.  They had another DVD player so I used my great ability to work with technology, which means I just plugged and unplugged random things, until I finally got the DVD to work.  We still had no remote, but then inspiration hit and I discovered a little hidden panel and using the channel buttons I was able get it into spanish.  We had spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out this tv thing, so when it finally worked Hna Escalante and Hna Budge cheered at the exact same time and then laughed at how easily pleased we are as missionaries.

We also had a lot of little miracles as we were out talking to people on Saturday.  We ended up walking for about 3 hours and we just talked and met a whole bunch of interesting people along the way.  One man told us he didn't go to church because there were so many, so how could he choose or know which one was right?  We told him we had just the answers he was looking for and he was very interested in the Book of Mormon.  To show his gratitude he gave us tamales.  We weren't really hungry and we were walking and far from home, so we weren't really sure what to do with three tamales.  We just started walking and we had to smile at how strange we must have seemed walking down broadway carrying tamales.  So last week we received three coca colas and this week it was three tamales!




Tamales

Another miracle this week might seem small to some, but it was a truly a tender mercy from the Lord.  Well on Wednesday I realized around lunch time that I couldn't find my favorite placa.  It just happens to the placa that I have lost on multiple occasions and have always managed to find in the end.  Well I started looking and looking and looking and I couldn't find it anywhere.  I knew I had worn it the day before on p-day, but I looked through my bags, on my clothes, in the laundry, in the car all over the house and couldn't find it.  I was a little sad because I have worn that placa my whole mission and it just is special to me and I was really worried that it had fallen off my clothes at Walmart or some other place and that I wouldn't have any idea where to find it.  Well I went into our room and I kneeled down and offered a simple prayer that Heavenly Father would help me find my lost placa.  I went back into the other room to finish lunch and as I sat down at my desk clear as can be the thought to check my pink coat entered into my mind.  I went to the closet and sure enough still attached was my placa.  It was the one place I hadn't looked, because I forgot I had worn it.  The simpleness and quickness of the response overwhelmed me a little and I sat down and with a few tears in my eyes offered thanks.  Not so much for the lost placa's return, but for assurance that my Heavenly Father knows me and he cared enough to help me not be worried and sad over my placa that I would have eventually found, but that he took the time to answer my prayer.

What else?  So one thing that I love is hearing when people get baptized that I have helped in some way.  I think I mentioned a while back that Stella was getting baptized and she did.  She is the one we found outside in her front yard and we just started talking to her.  Hermana Fallentine was able to attend her baptism and Stella talked about how she has been searching her whole life for the church and now she has found it.  Afterwards she came up to Hna Fallentine and said "Thanks to you and sister Klaus, I am now a member of this wonderful church!"  It's an amazing feeling to know that you played a small role in helping change someone's life.  Ultimately the spirit is the real teacher, but I am so grateful that I can be instrument through which he can work.  I also found out that another cute little family that I was teaching in my last area is going to be getting baptized in February.  They were staying with family over the holidays and we were teaching them and then when they went home the other sisters there continued to teach them and they are loving all of it!  Blessings Blessings Blessings!

So I guess you could say this week was the week of miracles and blessings.  I wish I could express better what it truly feels like to be a missionary and what it's like to witness so many miracles every day.  Hopefully this letter helps a little bit.  I know that our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and he wants to and he does send each of us little blessings every day.  We just have to slow down and recognize them.

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment