Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 44 - August 26, 2013

Querida Familia,

So apparently it's been a hard week all around.  I am praying for Kara and I know that my superstar is awesome and will continue being awesome!

Our week was a harder week too.  These happen in the mission, but they aren't fun to go through.  We had one set of sisters calling us in tears this week, so we dropped everything and went out to visit them and try to help them.  It was a little frustrating because we had called multiple times to check up on these sisters and they always told us they were fine, but in reality they were struggling.  I know as sisters we like to be perfect and we want to serve so badly, but we can't carry the world on our shoulders.  After a long talk they were feeling better and we told them we were going to call and we said that when we asked how they are doing they had better be honest.  "We don't want to hear it's butterflies and roses when it's really cowpies and cockroaches!"  That is our new phrase :)

We had several people drop us this week, some over text!  I felt like I was in middle school again!  We had people hiding.  We had people driving by their house only to see us and keep going.  Blinds being shut right after we knocked and a whole bunch of other problems.  But what I love about my companionship is even with all these things we are so happy!  We still find things to laugh about and be glad about.  In the words of Sister Hinckley, "In this life you either have to laugh your way through it or cry.  I prefer to laugh because crying gives me a headache!"  Yep laughing is so much better and it's good for the soul.  I know that this week is going to be a butterflies and roses week and that the cowpies and cockroaches are going to stay in the past.  Speaking of cockroaches I had an epic battle last night.

So Sister Fallentine and I walk into the bedroom after planning, and we sit down on the beds and then I see a roach on the ceiling and gasp which sends her screaming across the room.  I laughed and then we got ready to kill it, but I decided I wanted to get it on camera.  We reenacted the first part and then Sister Fallentine went to kill it because it was over her bed.  She pushed it, but when she pulled the tissue back is scurried across the wall sending us both shrieking across the room.  This repeated itself and the cockroach fell and we didn't know where it went.  Both of our hearts were racing and we finally found him on the wall beside the bed and then I manned up and squished the little bugger.  I am so glad I got it all on video, but sad I didn't get our facial expressions.  I am sure that if we ever replay that moment in heaven we will be the laughing stock as two sister missionaries are outdone by a sneaky roach.

So even though there were some cowpies and cockroaches (literally!) this week there were also some super fantastic awesome butterflies and roses!  This week Amber was baptized!  I was able to go to her baptism and it was wonderful.  The spirit was so strong.  When she came up our of the water my heart was filled and it was a feeling like none other.  It was bursting with joy and love, and the spirit testifying that she had made the right choice.  When she got out of the dressing room she looked at me and that started the tears.  Then she bore her testimony and I was just a goner.  She said she didn't think that she would be this emotional either.  I know she feels different, and she told me when she received the gift of the holy ghost she felt different. 

Carmen and her family came to the baptism and they are preparing for their own baptism.  They are such a special family.  Amber was really glad they came because every time Ali would talk or be a little kid it made Amber feel more relaxed.  At one point I had to bring out the emergency stickers, so that Ali would stop trying to take off her dress!  I think the cutest thing Ali does is that she really has learned to say Amen.  After every prayer, she is right there saying amen.  In church you could hear her sweet little voice carry after every prayer and talk as she said amen.  This week Ali also saw something and was scared and the whole family was a little worked up, so they decided to read the Book of Mormon and say a prayer as a family and after they did that they all felt better and were able to go to sleep.  We also had a really fun Family Home Evening about keeping the Sabbath day holy and we ate sundaes.  We have another FHE with some ward members tonight, so I know it will be another great lesson.  Well I love you all.  I hope everyone has a great start to school!

Les Quiero Mucho!
Hermana Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment