Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 40 - July 29, 2013

Buenas Tardes Familia!

Wow what a great week in the missionary field.  So I was pondering this morning and I realized that it was exactly one year ago that I opened my papers and started working on going on a mission.  I can't believe how quickly time has gone.  I will forever be grateful for my mission and for everything that I am learning.  Although I will admit, for the first time on my mission I am almost wishing I were home.  I might mope a little for girls camp this week.  I wish everyone a super fantastic time and know that even though I will be a good missionary in bed at 10:30 every night, I will be dreaming of late nights playing dice games and making my some of my favorite people in the world laugh so hard their sides hurt!  :)  So carry on camp people and try not to burn down any u-hauls!

This week has been a little crazy because of transfers, so here it goes.  I am back in Rio Grande, the place that I started my mission.  The ward and investigators seemed really happy to have me back, so that's good.  My new companion is Hermana Fallentine.  She is from Salt Lake City and she was Hermana Mitchell's companion in the MTC.  We get along great and I am really excited for this companionship.  We are also both newly called sister training leaders.  I am excited because we get to participate in the missionary leadership council in Albuquerque this week, and we are going to go on 7 exchanges this transfer!  Yikes!  I am pretty sure these next few weeks are going to go by at lightning speed.

It was really hard to say good-bye to everyone in 3rd ward.  I loved it over there.  Princess's family is still wonderful.  They are so cute.  My favorite story on Monday was that she said she was at work and she was talking to a lady about religion.  Then the lady held out a piece of caramel chocolate coffee candy and in her mind, as she took the candy, she said "You're not a mormon"  It made me laugh.  She says that now she is always thinking what would the mormons do?  :)

Since both my companion and I are new to the area we have been going around and meeting all the investigators.  Some of them are new and some of them are the same.  We are teaching a new family and we set a baptismal date with the wife for the first of September, so we are going to be working a lot with them.  They have the cutest big chocolate lab, and if you put your nose to his and say nariz he will basically stop breathing and close his eyes and just touch noses.  It is probably one of the cutest things I have seen.

The other little miracle we had this week happened in parts.  So on Friday we have been trying to get a hold of a family who lives in this one apartment complex.  We went by and had a lesson and then when we were leaving we saw these two teenage-ish girls and we stopped and chatted with them for a minute.  We set up a time for us to come back on Sunday to talk to them.  Then on Sunday we were at that same complex trying to visit a different person and we were walking up a smallish hill, but with the heat, everything is like climbing Mt. Hood.  There was a nice patch of shade, so we decided to hide in the shade for a minute. As we were having a breather, a lady walked by and we started talking to her and she has invited us to teach her more.  So wanting a little shade was a little miracle.  Then we went off and made more visits in the other part of town and then came back at 6pm for the lesson we had set with the one of the girls.  When we knocked her mom answered and looked a little confused, but she invited us inside and we had a warm visit and we got to know her.  The mother expressed how she wanted to make God more of a priority in their lives and so we are going to start teaching them.  On the way out she told us that she had seen us that afternoon talking to the lady under the palm tree shade as she was doing laundry and had offered a little prayer/wish that we would come talk to her family.  The Lord's hand is in this work.  The fact that she had prayed that we would come to talk to her and her family, and us being on her doorstep 3 hours later would explain the look she gave us when she opened the door.  I am so excited to work here again and I know we are going to have lots of success.  I also look forward to writing about my new adventures as a sister training leader.  Have a super fantastic week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

Me and my new companion, Hermana Fallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment