Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 38 - July 15, 2013

Buenos Dias Familia,

So another bike week conquered and we are still alive!  Yes win!  Haha I think biking gives me a little taste of maybe what it would have been like to a pioneer crossing the plains...yep I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it, so it's a good thing I was born in this time period instead!  The bikes have been good this week.  We had no break downs or flat tires!  I love the perspective that comes from riding a bike in this heat.  We were getting a ride home and she apologized that her car didn't have any air conditioning.  We just smiled and we said bikes don't have air conditioning either, so this is great - don't worry!  Now we start a glorious truck week, but I don't know why the Elders bike week is always when the temperature decides to go lower.  I have determined it can be one of two causes. A) Sisters are just awesome and the Lord knows we can handle the horrible heat on bikes better than Elders or B) The Elders have more powerful prayers than us... hmmm  I still haven't decided which it is yet. :-)

This week went so quickly, but it was still really good.  One funny little story.  Our new mission president is all about talking to people and being interested not interesting.  So we have been working on talking to everyone we see.  We started talking to this young mom and her kids at the bus stop. At the end of the conversation we asked if we could teach her more and she said yes, so we asked for her contact information and she said she didn't have a phone right now it was broken.  That caused her to tell us how it broke.  The mom finds her phone broken and tells her kids I won't be mad I just want to know who broke it.  The little 5 year old girl said I did it.  Mom asks her how did it happen.  The little girl says I dropped it.  Mom asks why did you drop it?  Little girl "I wanted to see if it would bounce!" Little kids are so cute!

The "I am graceful moment" of the week: I was walking into church yesterday and the Relief Society president was complimenting my shoes and I was looking at my shoes and I ran right into the open library door.  Solid wood door vs. missionary, yeah the wood door won!  Ouch!

We asked someone to be baptized and she said "Oh no I am scared of commitments.  That's why I don't have a tattoo!"  It was pretty funny, but we were able to talk about why baptism is important and she is reading in the Book of Mormon right now.

Our investigator from last week is still amazing.  We have had 3 more lessons with her and her roommate.  We even had the chance this week to help them deep clean their house because they have inspections this week.  She was a little unsure about us coming at first, but in the end she was so grateful that we came and she said that she had been super stressed all morning and that we had changed her whole day around.  I love getting serve on my mission.  Not because I can wear pants (although that is a plus!), but I love serving because it is what the savior taught us to do.  There is a very special spirit that comes when we serve.  I love the quote that "If you want to find yourself, loose yourself in service."   One of my favorite scriptures is Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."  You don't have to be a missionary to serve those around you.  We all can find ways to serve and I know that when we serve we will be filled the pure love of Christ.  I hope everyone has a lovely week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie's dad! Song here, could I get Katie's current address? You can send it to my e-mail: songyrox@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete