Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 20

Buenas Dias Familia!

Yo estoy muy agradecida por este oportunidad para ser una misionera!  Este es el tiempo mejor de mi vida! 

So I can hardly believe another week has already come and gone!  We have been very busy this week between finding new people to teach, serving, teaching our investigators, and the occasional fun.  Last preparation day my district went bowling.  It was a lot of fun.  First frame I was the only one who bowled a strike, but it was a short lived glory, because my bowling went down from there!  Apparently I need to practice again to get my game back up.  We also had dinner with an investigator.  She made enchiladas which were really yummy and I was trying to learn how to properly squeeze a lime to get the juice out.  As I was perfecting this technique the lime shot through my fingers and smacked me in the face.  It's too bad we didn't have a video going because I think the look of sheer surprise on my face would have been priceless! 

Now for my deep regret.  I always knew this day would come.  Indeed it has come back to haunt me.  All those years ago when a wise mother and piano teacher told me to practice and learn to play the piano has caught up with me.  Yesterday in relief society the sister who normally brings a CD player to play the hymns wasn't there and I originally just thought they wanted someone to lead the music and so I happily volunteered.  Then I realized they wanted me to sing the tune to a song I know I have sung before, but which is not often sung, so I am slightly uncomfortable with.  Then they asked me to play it on the piano.  So much to their delight and my horror I sat down at the piano and I had this terrifying flashback to when I was 8 years old and trying to learn the song Do-Re-Mi and never being able to play it.  So I plucked away at the keys playing the melody and the sisters sang along.  There were a few mistakes, but we managed to get through the whole song.  Although I am pretty sure sister Chatman would have been embarrassed if any one knew that I was her student!  :)  When I returned to my seat I wished that I had stuck with playing the piano at least to where I could play the hymns, so maybe I'll have to make that a goal for sometime later on in life.  At least for the closing hymn I had a few moments before hand to look at the notes and so when they asked if I would play again I felt a little more prepared and I had even less mistakes!   So I guess the moral to the start of this letter is that I need to practice more!

This week is the last week in our shortened transfer week, so there could be changes to report on next week!

So on Saturday we had stake women's conference.  It went really well and I enjoyed being with the sisters.  They had some really lovely talks about putting on the Armor of light.  I think it left all the women feeling spiritually uplifted. It's fun being a missionary at these events because everyone likes to stop you, say hello and introduce themselves.

So there was one sad part about our week.  One of the Brothers in our ward passed away this week.  He was a family history missionary and he always greeted us every Sunday and his family has fed us dinner.  He had a heart attack and then after being in a coma for two days he passed away.  He was so nice to all the missionaries and it's a little sad knowing that he won't be there to wave and greet us on Sunday morning.  His family has been so strong throughout all of this and while they are sad and going to miss him deeply they said they have comfort in the fact that they are a forever family.  There was a sweet peace in the home and you knew that all will be well and that death is only a temporary separation.  Moments like this can put people's faith to the test, but when we rely on the Savior and believe in his gospel we can always feel his love and have hope.  That's what this gospel is about.  Finding peace and joy in this life and having a perfect brightness of hope for the promised blessings in the life to come.  I pray for all of you daily and I know that the Lord is watching over each of us.  I hope everyone has a good week.

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus


Mt. Franklin Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment