Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 15

Hola Familia!

I can't believe it's already February!  The time is going so quickly.  My first in-field transfer is next Tuesday, so we'll see if any thing changes.  Hermana Cruz says that maybe around 50% of sisters have two different trainers, so it might be I have a new trainer here in El Paso or maybe I will be transferred to a different area.  I hope I get to stay here because I am not ready to leave.  I am just starting to feel like I am getting to know the ward and I still want to help our investigators learn about the gospel.  That reminds me...be careful if you are sending anything in this coming week because if I get transferred it could get lost and then I won't get it.  You can always send things to the mission office and then at some point (at least once a month) they will deliver the mail to us.

Kara would be proud because I played soccer with the Elders in my zone last Monday.  I had a pretty awesome header if I do say so myself.  I also stole the ball from one of the Elders and the other Elders were like "You just got schooled by Hermana Klaus!"  Haha if they were playing with the little Klaus all the Elders would have been schooled in the art of soccer....except maybe the Elder from Columbia he was pretty good.  It's nice just to relax and play sports on p-day.  We are planing on hiking later today, so I'll have to let you know how that goes.

Our cockroaches are lying low for now.  Maybe it is a little colder again, so they are all sleeping.  Who knows... we keep saying we need to figure out something to take care of them, but then we keep running of out time to do anything.

So we had our weekly breakfast this morning and he was telling us the craziest stories of his mission.  He was actually put in jail on his mission, but it was all a set up and he was released, but the experiences he had were nuts!  We were laughing because back then they didn't have the mission handbook full of rules, and we were telling him that we were proud to know the person responsible for having specific rules in the handbook today!

So what's new and interesting.  Man apparently I need to read my journal because I can't remember anything too crazy happening this week.  I am now the designated driver which is fun.  It helps so much in knowing the area when you are driving from place to place.  I am making sure that I am a good safe driver and remembering that I am not in Utah!  Hehe I am really paranoid about stoplights because lots of them are photo enforced.  In Utah I had to be careful when they turned yellow that I wouldn't get rear ended if I stopped, and now I have to make sure that I don't think I'm in Utah and remember what yellow actually means!  I would rather not have the unpleasant experience of having a picture of us sent to the mission office running a red light!

Well I guess this week is just going to be a little shorter.  I don't have much else to say.  We are teaching lots of lessons during the week and I am learning so much.  We did help a Sister in our ward move to a different apartment and she kept saying how she was so grateful that her Hijas came to help and that she knew that God cared about her because "mis hijas" are here.  What a blessing it is to serve everyday.  Well I love each of you so much!  I hope you have a great week!  I will talk to you all soon!

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment