Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 35 - June 24, 2013

Familia!!!

Ok I have no idea where the time is going?!  I can't believe it's the last week of June!  We've had a really great week.  We taught a ton of lessons this week!  When we counted up, we were a little shocked.  We had probably 12 more lessons then we average normally.  I guess the Lord really decided to bless us this week in the truck.  I hope he decides to do the same this week on bike week.

Thank you so much Daddy for letting me know how it will be over 100 every day!  Ahhh! I am a little worried that I might freeze this winter :)  People always used to ask me if Washington was really cold and I always used to say no, but now I might have to change my answer.  Washington just might be really cold.  I mean you know it's bad when it's 93 and you're thinking "Wow, this is nice!"  I was surprised to find how pleasant the apartment felt even though it was in the 80's.  Yep there might be something wrong with me after a summer down here.  I am still working on my tan, but I decided to send a picture to show you my progress.



Ok so last monday we had the best adventure ever!  We went to a huge dulceria and we were like kids at Christmas!  We were so excited by the rows of Mexican candy!


We bought a variety of deliciousness.  One of my personal favorites is chilibonchas.  You may recall way back when, on my first day at the mission, I had my very first one of these candies.  I couldn't finish it because it was too hot.  Well now I eat them like...candy!  They are so yummy.  If you ever are a little sleepy during personal study you just pop a chiliboncha in your mouth and it does wonders!  You are wide awake!  I think  mom might want to invest in some chilibonchas for seminary next year.  Any kids that just can't keep their eyes open, just pop one in and they will be good to go!

This past week we have been teaching the most wonderful family.  We have been over almost every day and are teaching them about the gospel.  They are so interested and really want to learn more.  We had a little scare because we found them a ride to church yesterday, but they called the ride and said they couldn't come.  We were a little bummed, but we were going to pass by later.  When we stopped by we thought we heard people inside, but no one answered and we thought they were hiding from us.  But then she called us last night at 9:20 and explained that her parents had an accident with their roof, so they had to go over and help them.  I think I was doing a little jig while talking to them on the phone because it meant that they weren't avoiding us!  We have another appointment with them tonight, so we were on cloud nine last night because they still want to learn about the gospel!

I loved the broadcast last night.  If you didn't get a chance to watch it I would highly recommend going online and watching it.  It was fun for us missionaries to be a part of the largest Zone conference ever!  We are all looking forward to the new technology and there are several rumors already floating around.  I guess we'll see what happens.  I am so grateful that we have a living prophet to guide us and we have apostles to give us direction.  I hope everyone has a great week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment