Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week 29

Hello Family!

It was so good to hear from you yesterday!  Mom I hope you had a great mother's day and it was such a special treat to get to hear your voice.  It sounds like every one is doing really well, so that makes me happy!  I hope you are taking lots of pictures and videos of my adorable niece and nephew because I can hear over the phone that they are getting sooo big!

So we had a really good week.  Like I said last week we had the truck this week, which was a great blessing because we found out on Tuesday that Hermana Mitchell's bike had a flat tire.  So we drove the truck around and it is just a smidge bigger than the car I drove in Rio Grande.  So I have had a few problems with bumping up on curbs when turning because my tail is just too long!  Anyway so back to the bike... We waited to fix it because the Elders had our pliers and we couldn't get the bolt off the tire so we could put the new tube on.  Finally yesterday the elders gave us the pliers, but we came to find out that we couldn't budge the bolt!  Luckily the son of one of the sweetest women in the world, who we are teaching right now, was able to help us out last night and fix the back tire.  Then as we were heading out to teach, her front tire went flat!  We didn't have another tube, so we had to wait till this morning so we could send the elders up to Walmart to bring us back a thicker tube.  Now we are all fixed and I'm hoping that I don't have any trouble with my bike wheels this week!

We are really happy to be back on bikes this week because last week we had attack of the Pan!! (This is "bread" in spanish for those who don't speak the language... :-) )  We ate so much mexican sweet bread last week!  It is sooo yummy!  On Friday we also decided to check out a bakery near our house and we bought a piece of bread and then later we were heading to our ward's mother's day party and the investigator we were riding with and her friends stopped at a bakery they just happened to own.  So we went in and they said to give us whatever we want.  So we each picked out one thing and then they said are you sure.  We said yes, but they apparently didn't believe us, so they filled an entire bag full of empanadas and flakey pastries!  Yum!  So this week we are going to have to work off all the "pan pesadas" we put on last week! :)

So on Friday, Mexico's mother's day, our ward had a big activity.  I haven't ever seen so much food on one plate at a ward activity!  It was all so wonderfully delicious.  Then we had an evening talent show.  The little kids sang to their mother's which was adorable.  The theme must have been cowboy because there was a ton of plaid.  Hermana Mitchell leaned over to me and said "I have never seen so much plaid!"  I said "I have, but what do you expect my mascot was a potato!"  All of the ward had a wonderful time and it was nice way to celebrate the special women in our lives.  I am so grateful that I was blessed with such a wonderful mom!  Love you!

Other than that we have been working hard.  We are finding lots of new people to teach.  This week we started teaching a family and they are very interested in learning more about the gospel.  The mother wants a church that is centered on families and will help her kids make good decisions.  Another couple we started teaching are a little bit older, but they ask some of the best questions.  They just want to know everything there is know and you can just tell how much they love each other by the way they act around one another.  One thing I love about the gospel and teaching so many different types of people is that it doesn't matter who you are or what stage of life you are in the gospel can always bless their lives and bring even more joy and happiness.  I am so happy to be able to bear my testimony about our savior Jesus Christ to so many different people.  When we were in the bakery a lady asked if we would say a prayer for her cousin who was sick, so we said a simple prayer together there in the middle of the store.  I love being a missionary!  Have a lovely week and if you can, eat some Mexican sweet bread!

Con Amor,
Hermana Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment